Friday, April 22, 2011

Why Good Friends Are More Important Than Ever


Without dwelling on politics, let’s just acknowledge that the current state of our economy has many of us plenty scared.  All the unknowns and uncertainties have definitely made me keep a tighter leash on my abundant dreams and plans.  And I hate that.
Having verbalized that, a personal sense of freedom and opportunity is very important to my own well-being, and, I’m betting, to yours. 
Because of some of these issues, I had reason this week to contact one of my good friends and ask for her support.  It came willingly and enthusiastically, and totally changed my mood and perspective.
Good friends know about our dreams, and understand how important they are to us.  I would feel totally lost without a few good friends.  They provide our souls with a timeline:  They understand our past, they are willing to just be present, and they will sustain us as we face the future (even when we perceive it as dismal).  There is nothing that can replace the grace that a good friend bestows. 
Unconditional acceptance is such a rare find these days.  Seems everyone wants to challenge us or make us take a stand.  Good friends give you permission to be your true self.  They do not make you “drink the Kool-Aid” and they give you room for your own opinions, and permission to change them at will.
Photo by Mari Beerman

Good friends make us grateful because they hold a space in our world for us to be genuine.
I realize these are fairly obvious and simple thoughts.  But my good friends have changed my life in so many ways lately that I just wanted to celebrate them.  Today I’m honoring them in my blog. 

And I’m wishing you a few good friends who hold the fabric of your life together.  Wear them well and be reciprocal.  They are treasures for a lifetime.  And if you’d like to celebrate them in the comments below, please do!
Marianne Smith
Writer At The Ranch
Making You Look Brilliant One Word At A Time

http://www.writerattheranch.com
wordsmith@writerattheranch.com








No comments:

Post a Comment