Friday, September 2, 2011

Mashed Potatoes: My Big Why



In these uncertain times, the motivational experts say it is critical to understand your Big Why.  They say it is the key to everything.


After a very short amount of thought, I can say with every certainty that my Big Why is mashed potatoes.

Because? you might ask:
1.      They are yummy.
2.      They are comforting.
3.      They are soooooo very Southern.
4.      I cannot imagine a life worth living without them.

I have two major items left on my Life Action List that involve mashed potatoes:
1.       Grow my own potatoes for mashing.  (Fresh is always better.)
2.      Open a Mashed Potato Bar.


At said bar you could take your heapin’ plate of mashies down a gourmet buffet of toppings, just in case you felt some odd need to embellish them.  They would be the only food served.



Appropriate beverages would be available.  Kendall Jackson Chardonnay is the perfect accompaniment to mashed potatoes, in my humble opinion.  But being your humble servant, I would also carry your favorite beverage.  Eating mashed potatoes is a soul-enriching experience, and I’d want you to achieve perfect bliss.

And speaking of bliss, if I owned a Mashed Potato Bar, there might be leftover mashed potatoes.  There are never any of those at our house! 

It is a documented fact that you feel better when you help others.  Make yourself feel great:  Message me your favorite recipe for mashed potatoes!  If you like, I’ll send you mine.

Marianne M. Smith
Writer At The Ranch
Making You Look Brilliant One Word At A Time
http://writerattheranch.com/

wordsmith@writerattheranch.com

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I'm thinking of mashed potatoes. Know why I don't fix them often--it's a lot of work! Granted, you get lots of compliments and serve seconds and all. Guess I'm becoming lazy. No need to comment on that.

    ReplyDelete